Account Manager - Retail and Leisure
RETAIL + LEISURE SECTOR
12 month Fixed Term Contract
The Retail + Leisure (R+L) sector is a team of around 18 talented influencer and media managers, content creators, publishing and creative strategists, along with client service specialists. This fast paced and ambitious team works across - as the name suggests - retail, leisure and also entertainment and travel clients; running busy press offices, devising and implementing major brand initiatives, both globally and locally, and developing content and publishing strategies for clients.
We are looking for a strong Account Manager to work primarily across an exciting portfolio of travel brands.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about brand communications, with solid travel and retail brand communications experience. We would love to hear from candidates who have outstanding media skills and who are passionate about consumer trends, innovations and culture.
Find out more about Retail + Leisure
CLIENTS MAY INCLUDE
ANA, (All Nippon Airways), MSC Cruises, Westfield, Honor (Mobile Phones)
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Outstanding media skills and key (national/lifestyle/KOL) relationships
- Gravitas to both build team morale and manage day-to-day client liaison and counsel
- Hungry to lead a small number of accounts and start to take on responsibility of account management e.g. costing up budgets/managing job bags/thinking about team R+R
- Self-starter who will independently maintain momentum of day-to-day accounts
- Creative thinker who seeks to propose integrated solutions for clients
- Passionate about consumer trends, innovations and culture
- Comfortable with social media strategy and capable of generating content ideas
- Keen attention to detail
- Able to problem solve in a fast paced environment
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
The chance to work within a highly experienced team and work alongside H+K’s specialist teams, with expertise in issues + Crisis, People + Purpose, and Branding + Design. The successful candidate will also have access to industry leading training and development and be part of a talented, passionate and diverse agency.
H+K is a public relations and integrated communications agency with 90 offices around the globe. H+K London is the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing.
Through strategic counsel, creative thinking and effective activation, our deep sector expertise enables us to truly understand our clients’ perspective and transform our clients’ challenges into effective and award-winning solutions. Our purpose is to inspire more open, creative and curious conversations to help build a better agency and world. Our communications are driven by our clients’ desire to communicate their purpose and create a legacy in the world.
We create ideas to believe in.
TRAINING + DEVELOPMENT
Personal growth is at the heart of our culture. The Hub, our internal training academy, provides a range of required and bespoke training opportunities that enable our people to have more ownership of their career development.
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries